Sunday, 24 August 2008

Cooking with Dittersdorf


Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf that is.
It has been such a lovely morning - fitting for the Lord's Day!
I got up early and made a nice loaf of bread to go with the cold lamb that we have in the fridge.
Then after breakfast I gave my mother a call as she has been trying to beat a particularly nasty virus over the past two weeks. When I rang I found my sister and four year old niece were present, helping out as Henry (the cat) has been particularly unhelpful. It was so nice to catch up with them all and Mum seems to be getting better.
As I put the phone down I reflected that autumn is just around the corner and in fact there is a nip in the air today that let's us know the summer is soon going to pack her bags and head south. . . so I decided to make some muffins.
When I cook I like to play music. I choose a composer and then tell AGA who is going to be helping me in the kitchen for that day! Sometimes Vivaldi comes over or perhaps Boyce, Handel or even grumpy old CPE Bach. Tallis has been know to stop by too but his music is more for reflection that cooking. . .
Today however it was Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf and so I made cranberry and orange muffins to some flouncy, rollicking, toe tapping Sinfonias and in this photo you can see the results!
Now I am off to prepare lunch which will be cold lamb, fetta, and basil sandwiches followed by one of the new muffins and a nice cup of tea . . .

Thank you Lord God for all the wonderful benefits that flow from your most gracious bounty!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Your love of the simple things in life is an inspiration! We've just moved and my culinary skills are being severely hampered by a fan assisted oven, whoever dreamed those up was not a cook.

Kirk said...

"Yum" indeed Adrienne! but now alas all eaten!
I feel your pain Rita. My own handicap is an oven door that doesn't close properly - it makes things so awkward.

deborah said...

`swipes a muffin on the way out ....