Yesterday was a very happy day - for two reasons.
Firstly I got a blog friendship award from Adrienne. I have only been blogging for a few months and already I have met such wonderful people. It is a nice community to belong too. I love my award and have put it on the side of my blog so you can see it too.
Secondly, when I got home a wonderful surprise awaited us. Like two expectant grandfathers, AGA and I have been hovering around the dahlia we have in a pot on the balcony and yesterday there it was - our first bloom. All red and silky, turning its face towards the courtyards and the sun. I took a photo of it to show you.

3 comments:
How lovely, on both counts! Congratulations. I think a celebratory cake is called for.
I think dahlias are beautiful but I never grow them. Way too much work for my taste. I'll look at everyone elses...
Hmm Elderflower - a cake. Now that is something to think about - but it has to wait as I will be in Paris this coming weekend.
Adrienne they are a lot of work when it comes to staking - which is why we only have the one plant and today it is leaning so we have staked it even more.
Post a Comment