The apartment is relatively quiet except for the ticking of the numerous clocks, the tapping if this keyboard and the occasional sigh coming from AGA as we await arrival of the new 'baby'.
For 'baby' read 'new, 18th Century French style Harpsichord, painted in gold and royal blue'. It is supposed to be delivered today after being shown at an exhibition of Earl Music in Vienna.
AGA is a Harpsichord aficionado and plays very well (although he will tell you otherwise). For my part I too like to play but while I think I sound like Georg Friedrich Handel himself, inside my head, I know that out in the open it is a wee bit, shall we say, awful.
Anyway I agreed to go shares in buying a new Harpsichord and trading in our old one(Flemish style). AGA says that the new one will be like trading a fiddle in for a Stradivarius - we shall see.
Signor Bizzi is expected any time so I have just time to post this before all pandemonium breaks loose. I shall post a photograph when it is all set up.
AGA meanwhile is trying not to look stressed and to while away the time is playing Bach pieces on the old one.

No comments:
Post a Comment