No not the city in America but one of God's glorious saints! King of France and brother-in-law to King Henry III of England.
While I was in Paris last weekend I visited the basilica of St Denis which is in one of that city's northern suburbs. Here are the tombs of almost all of the French Kings and Queens. It was quite amazing to visit and I took lots of photos (of course).
I thought I would share this one with you. It is the reliquary (I couldn't get any closer) of St Louis: All that remains of his body after the French revolution saw the destruction of almost all of the bodies of the dead kings and queens. It is his finger and I prayed for his intercession on behalf of the Catholic blogging community!
I took this picture in the church of St Eustache which I like to visit because it is near my favourite cooking supply shop, Madame de Pompadour was baptised there and the great Jean Philippe Rameau is buried there... The sun was shining through the stained glass window and so I moved until it was just behind the crucifix before taking it.


3 comments:
Beautiful pictures. thank you
It is always my pleasure! I shall post some more this weekend. A whole weekend without study - yippee!!!
You are so fortunate to have access to so many sacred sites in Europe. I truly wish I could visit them!
That second pic is magnificent! The crucifix is revealed so mysteriously.
Post a Comment