Thursday, 19 February 2009

Back again

Sorry for my absence from this little blogging space of mine but I have been suffering from a combination of being busy, a great sadness in my heart caused by the terrible bushfires and subsequently not having much to say for myself - added to the fact that I have study to do… 
I can tell you though that I have this evening been practising the Georg Friedrich Handel version of the Coronation Anthem: 'Zadok the Priest' on the harpsichord, and I still manage to make it sound like rubbish… but I will improve with practice - I hope!
Here is a much better version and what a glorious, uplifting, piece it is. 
The beginning of this work never fails to give me a shiver!


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I want to be a queen...

elderflower said...

Embarrassing confession: sometimes when I am visiting St Paul's or Westminster Abbey I walk down the aisle imagining that music being played...

and when being driven down the Mall in a taxi I imagine what it would be like to be in the Irish State Coach instead...

but I am quite harmless really.