A very dignified, quiet affair with the St Sebastian Brotherhood in attendance carrying their Marian banners. Some wore morning dress complete with top hats while others were in a bottle green Hussar uniform. We remembered those killed in Kaiserswerth and those killed who came from Kaiserswerth. Afterwards there was a procession to the war memorial near the old castle but I slipped off home because it was a cold night and I was not feeling 100% . . .
and the results?
Today I have a bad cold and an essay to finish for my latest module and I want both done and dusted by Thursday as I am going to Stockholm for a long weekend!
This morning I lay in bed having a cup of tea very kindly provided by AGA and reading a Country Homes and Interiors magazine. The people in those magazines have such lovely houses with beautiful furnishing etc. One day I hope to have a house like that although I see that most of the owners are either merchant bankers or managing directors of this or that...

3 comments:
First and foremost, I hope you get over that nasty cold. I know how annoying and debilitating they can be.
As far wanting a house only bankers and directors of this and that can afford, don't forget my desire to live in Nantucket. VERY, very expensive since it's just an island.
We can dream, can't we, Kirk?
However, if I finish my education and play my cards properly, who knows what can happen. As Bilbo Baggins once said, "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
Again, I pray you get over that nasty cold before your long weekend arrives. Blessings.
Get well --- soon!
We can indeed dream, Tom!
When I feel a bit more like writing I might post on my ideal house - its a good one believe me!
Thank you for your kind wishes and you too Auntie A. I have made some nice friends through this blog!
Post a Comment