
Today I learnt what a 'meme' is. I had not heard of it in a blog sense before. I was reading Whitestonenameseeker and at the end of her latest post, which was about ten people you would like to spend ten minutes with, said wrote that she 'tagged' the reader. In fact she wrote 'yes YOU!' and so I thought: 'Okay, why not! I shall give it a try'.
So these are my ten people:
Mother Euphemia of Wherwell
a medieval gardener of some note. I chose her because I love gardening!
King Henry III
one of my secular heroes - I even wrote a book about him but the agents rejected it because I am not an academic grrr.
Dame Edith Sitwell.
I so enjoy her writing and her poetry. I would ask her if she would kindly recite a selection from Facade and her famous war poem: Still Falls the Rain
That is her sitting on top of this post. I would love to take tea with her.
The Queen
A tough question for her: Will she veto the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill? And if not then why not?
Nicole Kidman
I do think she is a wonderful actress - and so beautiful too.
Pope Benedict
There are some questions I would love to ask the Holy Father as well as a blessing!
Jean Philippe Rameau
One of my music heroes ( the other is Georg Friedrich Haendel) Perhaps he would help me with some tips on my harpsichord playing!
Stephen Fry
He makes me laugh and I would enjoy talking with him for ten minutes.
Frank Lampard
To get all the latest news on my beloved Chelsea!!!
St Nicholas Owen
A Saint, a carpenter, a clever and an extremely heroic man. I would love to speak with him on faith and carpentry...
So there you are, these are my ten, now if you haven't undertaken this meme then I tag you!

7 comments:
Great choice, really impressive.
I may just have to try this one myself.
What about meeeeeeeeeeeee????
Kirk, don't give up on the book. My son is also trying to market a book (sci-fi-fantasy), and it isn't easy to get a book published for the first time. But keep trying!
Adrienne,
I didn't think you could put friends on the list :-)
Thanks Melody. No I am not giving up but I am taking a rest at the moment. It is just such a closed shop out there in book publishing land!
Rita,
I look forward to seeing your list!
Interesting list Kirk.
I would love to sit at your elbow while you ask the Queen that question. :)
Post a Comment