Wednesday, 11 June 2008

What's new?


I read one very interesting and one rather disturbing piece of news today in the Telegraph:

This one is a very interesting piece of archaeological news:


I wonder if tests will prove its veracity?

And this one is about the real threat of an attack on our beloved Holy Father :


I didn't see it in the 'Agenzia Fides' site but it was reported in Le Figaro and so if you can read French you can look at the story here.

The picture I used comes from the Telegraph article.

4 comments:

Phil said...

"Pope Benedict XVI sets up anti terrorist squad."

It had to happen.

BTW, when did your dear grandmother die? I'm so sorry; you both look so happy in the picture.

Kirk said...

Yes Philip it did have to happen and it is very sad. There is no respect.

My grandmother died 13th of March this year aged 100 and a few months. She was thrilled to get her photo and telegramme from the Queen! But then there was nothing else to aim for. Plus she was increasingly frustrated by her inability to walk and she so just faded away.

Phil said...

That is a wonderful age. I'm sure she must have been very proud of you.

Kirk said...

Yes I think she was - and I was proud of her too
I have inherited the gold cross she always wore and when I collect it from my mum I shall always wear it!