Sunday, 28 September 2008

Harvest Time


This weekend it is harvest festival in Kaiserswerth.
Last night I attended the Vigil Mass and they had a wonderful Harvest display around the lectern. It included, corn sheaves, wicker baskets full of apples, pears, grapes and vegetables; a net sack of potatoes, a wicker basket of eggs, a large jar of honey, and an old wagon wheel with maize threaded through it.
When I woke up this morning it was a such a bright sunny morning that I volunteered to go and get the Sunday croissants. It was a very pleasant walk and before returning home I went into the Church to say some prayers and light a candle for my father (who always loved Harvest time). I also wanted to get a good look at the harvest display as I couldn't really do that while at Mass (being too busy with the Blessed Sacrament!). I had my camera with me too and took a photo so that I can share the display with you. I hope you like it!

Early in the morning I made a loaf of bread so that we would have our own harvest day treat. While I was in the kitchen I looked out of the kitchen window and saw our resident robin, looking spectacular in his red waistcoat, singing his heart out in next door's garden.
I looked about me and thought that on this lovely harvest day, I could truly say:
'We give Thee thanks, almighty God, 
for all Thy benefits; 
Who livest and reignest, 
world without end, 
Amen.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I want to come and live with you...................................................................

Kirk said...

tee hee Auntie A