I will not be blogging or reading blogs or even looking at the internet for a while as AGA and I are off on hols to stay in the Loire Valley. We are staying in a chateau gatehouse for the week so we are intending to spend our time eating lots of food, siteseeing, shopping and bike riding. I will return next Sunday so here is a photo of Kaiserswerth to look at until I get back!
Thursday, 2 October 2008
A plus (Bye for now)
I will not be blogging or reading blogs or even looking at the internet for a while as AGA and I are off on hols to stay in the Loire Valley. We are staying in a chateau gatehouse for the week so we are intending to spend our time eating lots of food, siteseeing, shopping and bike riding. I will return next Sunday so here is a photo of Kaiserswerth to look at until I get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hols, HOLS!!!!!!!!!! That's all you do is go on hols. Don't you Europeans ever work????
PS Have a good time and bring back lots of pictures :-)
A lovely picture of Kaiserswerth. I used to be taken to a sort of restaurant/biergarten which was, I think, a little further up the road from this: it had a large garden on the banks of the Rhine and an unusual decorative theme. One of its main features was the use of old cars as statuary: one in the car park, covered in ivy, its headlights acting as a spotlight, and another full of stuffed chickens (taxidermised, I mean, not oven-ready) and bits of straw.
That is the biergarten next to the old castle. It is still there and the car etc is still there too. It is nice to go and have a cup of hot chocolate there on a autumn day like today and if you are lucky there will be red squirrels frollicking about!
Post a Comment