Monday, 13 October 2008

Back Again


Well here I am back again after a wonderful holiday in which I went with AGA on a trip around the Loire Valley.

We toured various chateaux, travelled around the countryside, I rode my bike, saw the actual spot where St Martin of Tours died (amazing!) and ate a lot of food . . .
. . . I also discovered that omlettes cooked in butter and made with four eggs, a large-ish a mount of Normandy pouring cream and filled with brie and tomato are a little too heavenly for my waistline . . .

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

NO MORE HOLS ---- I missed you.

Eggs are my favorite. Remember when they said we shouldn't eat eggs? I said bleh! to that and just kept right on eating them. Then they came out and said it was ok to eat eggs. Imagine how many eggs I wouldn't have eaten if I had followed their stupid advice.

Kirk said...

Indeed!
The pleasure of eating a soft boiled egg with hot-buttered toast cut into soldier fingers. . .

elderflower said...

Mmm. Eggs, butter, cream, cheese...life's simplest luxuries. Oh dear, at least seven hours now before i can have breakfast!