
Finally the Christmas cake can sit back and rest. It has had its icing overcoat put on and then has been 'gussied' up for Christmas Day.

I am rather pleased with this particular cake and I found the perfect holly leaves and berries to decorate the top - I just hope it (the cake, not the decoration) tastes okay!
Do you put a candle on your Christmas Cake? I always put one as it is Jesus' Birthday!

3 comments:
I was just telling hubby about the cake and was anxious to see it when it was finished. Such a beauty!
It's a beautiful cake. Gosh, I hate to see you eat it now. You'll mess it up! :)
I am thinking that it might taste like a fine American "fruit cake".
I don't know what the Marzipan tastes like. I have read recipes about how to make it, but I am wondering what you put over the Marizpan, was it a cream cheese type of frosting?
I thought I left a comment re: a picture of the cake after it was cut. Guess not.
...so, we would love to see the "insides" of this masterpiece (no, not you - giggle!)
Post a Comment