Saturday, 6 December 2008

Okay, I admit it

I think that I am addicted to blogging and my so called breather has lasted 5 days...
I just couldn't keep away from my blog and then checking everyone else's.  
My blog is like my own little Internet house and I like it a lot so here I am back again.
I have been thinking about it and I am going to post on weekend's as that is when I have the time.  This week I concentrated on everything else and my studies didn't suffer.
Which is a good thing!

So anyway. . .
Today I went with AGA to Dusseldorf and visited the Christmas markets, and bought some things for my family which I can send off during this week.
It was cold and packed but that is how it always is.  There were lots of French, Dutch and English being spoken because German Christmas markets are rather famous and a lot of people come to see them and spend their money.
In the afternoon I visited the much smaller version in Kaiserswerth and listened to the children from our school sing for the market go-ers.  I took some photos and I must say that they sang so nicely after which the teacher/parent choir sang as well.
After that and a little rest I went to the Vigil Mass which this week was in honour of all the alter servers.  There were about fifty of them there, from Kaiserswerth and the three sister churches, and the priest gave a lovely sermon on his own childhood alter serving which made them laugh, and cleverly worked into it a lesson on the Gospel reading.

I was in two minds about going to Mass this evening because I was tired and it is rather cold outside...
And then I thought I wouldn't end up going tomorrow either because I have the Christmas cake to supervise and ... and .... and .... the excuses piled up.
Then I stopped.
I LOVE Jesus so how on earth could I be thinking that I wouldn't go and see him and receive him into my heart this weekend?  Why would I not want to go and see my best friend in the whole world?  True, I do have things to do tomorrow and I prefer the Vigil Mass as it is a quieter one (which is more to my inclination) So I put on my hat, coat and gloves, grabbed my missal and sallied forth and I am so glad I did because I always feel so revived when I receive Our Lord.  
It makes my heart shout out how much I love Him!  
Does it do that for you?

9 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

First and foremost - it's nice to have you back! I took a few days off from blogging as well. I was so busy with school and other distractions that it became impossible to post anything, so you're not alone when it comes to taking a small vacation.

The German Christmas scene must look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! If you feel comfortable posting a few pics from your experience, I would be most appreciative.

Your love of Christ does us all a world of good to imitate. God bless you and have a Merry Christmas:0)

Kirk said...

Thanks Tom. I just can't keep away!
I shall indeed post some photos - stay tuned.

Ttony said...

Welcome back! The rest has done you good!

Kirk said...

It has indeed Ttony and now I am going to pace myself so I have time for everything, including study.

Ttony said...

I'm afraid I've tagged you!

Adrienne said...

I read this days ago and fell out of my chair laughing. Remember when Autie A told you that blogging was the anti-Christ??

But congrats for making it 5 days. That's longer than I can stay on a diet.... ;-)

belinda said...

Oh my stars, I am begining to feel creepy. I can find my blogger friends from Abby, and Adriennes EVERYWHERE!! I am glad though. I happened upon some really nasty stuff by accident yesterday, and all of you folks are like a breath of clean fresh air!! Praise to God.
* I am spending too much time on the computer. Before I discovered blogging. -last May. We would have pretend Non- Electric days at my house, for fun - to see if we would survive without it. We did fine back then , now I don't think that I could do it.

belinda said...

When I say I feel creepy, I mean it sorta feels stalker'ish.I am not trying to follow people , I just keep finding them. I didn't know that bloggers were all interconnected to one another. For some reason I thought they were all isolated with random guests.

It's nice to meet you Kirk, I have read your comments over at Abby 1or 2 before.

Kirk said...

I know what you mean Belinda.
We are all related in a blogging sense and you never know on whose blog we are going to pop up!
Thanks for your comments. I will be popping over to your place (as in your blog, not your house!) this weekend when I like to sit back and see who is saying what this week!
And then I have my say!