
By now many of you will have read about the courageous stand of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg over the proposed Bill going through his country's parliament to legalise euthanasia. If you have not then I refer you to this blog post at the Hermeneutic of continuity .
As a result of his stand the Grand Duke is being scandalously attacked by the Media.
I don't see anyone in the public eye standing up for him. I hope the archbishop steps forward but I haven't heard or read anything in that regard this far. . .
I admire the Grand Duke's stand and his determination to hold to his Faith against the whims of the materialistic, secular world who wish to perpetrate such a wicked act, thus attempting to remove God from the picture and override His will when it comes to the time of death for all of us. What a horrible Christmas present for the people of Luxembourg!
Anyway, I was reading all the various posts in response to the blog post and thought: "yes its all very well to say that I agree with what the Grand Duke is doing, but what can I do?"
Well the answer is simple.
Firstly I can pray to God for the Grand Duke and his family,as well as for the parliament and the Luxembourg people.
Secondly I can write an email of support to this courageous man and tell him that I support him in his hour of need - and so this is what I have done! Why don't you follow me and do the same. The email address appears to be:
service.presse@gdl.etat.lu
and you can write in English so really you have no excuse!

8 comments:
You should also write to the Luxembourg embassy in Germany, Botschaft des Großherzogtums Luxemburg
Klingelhöferstrasse 7
10785 Berlin
(030) 26 39 570
and to the Prime Minister, Jean-Claude Juncker.
Hmmm - good idea RR. I sent my email off yesterday and it didn't get sent back unanswered so that is a good sign!
Yes I think I jolly well will write to the PM! I shall do so this evening.
(I hope I am not starting to sound like Hyacinth Bucket!)
I LOVE Hyacinth "Bouquet". That whole show is soooooo funny. Remember the episode when she got mad at hubby for not being dressed properly for gardening in the front of the house? Now whenever I'm working out front in my horrible garden clothes, hubby gives me a hard time... Do you think some little part of me may be English??
Next project? Making CRUMPETS!! I need some crumpet rings first, though.
As to your post, I will send off an email when I get home from the vet.
The Duke is a good man! So are you, Kirk, for giving us this post. I will send off an email. Does one address a duke as "Your Grace"?
Louise, the Grand Duke of Luxembourg is addressed as "Royal Highness". He is a Bourbon-Parma, thus descending of the French King Louis XIV.
His grandfather was a brother of the Austrian-Hungarian Empress-Queen Zita who died in 1989.
This Thursday Luxembourg's 60-member legislature votes on a constitutional change that could strip Grand Duke Henri of his power to approve legislation passed in parliament, limiting him only to announcing — or "promulgating" — the decisions made by law makers.
I forgot to mention that the Austrian Emperor Karl, Zita's husband, was beatified by Pope John Paul on 26th May 2004. Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg is his grand-nephew. The close relation to a beatified Monarch might have influenced him.
Ooops...
I addressed my email 'Your Grace'...
I shall add my humble offering of gratitude and respect. May his example give strength to others.
Post a Comment