Wednesday, 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve

Well that's it!
I have had it!
I have been working like a navvy all day and now I am finished.
I nipped out first thing to buy potatoes and carrots from the grocer for tomorrow's dinner. Then I did a little extra shopping for the Christmas Stockings. Everywhere people were wishing each other a merry Christmas or Happy Feast. There was a certain something in the air and that certain something was the joy that comes with celebrating the Birth of Our Lord!
It is a grey dull foggy day here but no one seems to mind. Everyone was chatting and the children were happy and smiling. I wish our world was like this all year round.
When I got home I finished the Cake and then made mince pies and sausage rolls. Then I cleaned the kitchen, and generally assisted AGA who is in charge of clean up as we have a very dear friend coming to Christmas Lunch with us so everything needs a once over. He is also in charge of the Christmas Pudding and Roast Duck we will be having tomorrow.
We shall be going to the Basilica for Midnight Mass although it will kick off at 10pm with a choral concert to which we will go. The church looks so lovely and I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you but not before I have wished you - yes you! the one reading this blog post! - a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!
I may have time to post on Boxing Day but if not then I shall be back on the following Weekend as I shall be back in London for the week...
Here is a view that shows the Advent Wreathe suspended form the ceiling and you might just make out, behind the altar, the Christmas tree.


And this is our Nativity scene. It is the nicest crib I have ever seen and is built up gradually over the Advent period until it looks as you can see now (I took the photo yesterday) and later Our Lord will makes His entrance!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Merry Christmas to you and AGA....

Tom in Vegas said...

Merry Christmas to you, Kirk, and AGA. May the Lord bless you both with good health and prosperity this upcoming New Year:0)

BTW, beautiful Church scene!

belinda said...

I would like for you to post about how you make sausages sometime.

Our Nativity set is my husbands favorite part of the Christmas decorations. I made the set for him back in the 1980's.
Merry Christmas.