Monday, 1 December 2008

Taking a breather

I'm taking a breather from blogging for a while.

I just have too much work on my plate at present to concentrate on it.  Not only my day to day work but my University studies which are increasingly taking up more and more of my free time!
I keep posting in spurts and then time passes and I feel guilty and then think that no one will be reading my posts anyway.
Maybe I am trying to put too much into blogging.  Too eager.  Too much trying to make my mark!  
And I see so much uncharitable-ness in the Catholic blogging sphere that I disagree with.  Sometimes it seems to border on Pharisee-ism and that makes me sad and a bit like Jeffery Smith whose blogs I enjoy so much!  (Mind you I see a lot of niceness and true practicing of God's presence as well.)
Anyway, I shall see how things are in the new year.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I couldn't agree with you more. It is particularly sad disturbing to see priests that are uncharitable.

There is a difference between “reporting the news” and ad hominem attacks.

Adrienne said...

AND disturbing

deborah said...

*throws at mistletoe berry at you as you pass*

merry days!

elderflower said...

I do hope you will be back in the New Year. I have been reading regularly, but I haven't commented every time as sometimes I can't find the words to express what I want to say, and my response, though sincere, sounds so trite when on the screen that I delete it without posting it.

When it seems that much of the world is becoming more evil every day, reading messages from someone who is sincere and gentle is heartening, and I must say reminds me where true peace and happiness are to be found. You do not know what good you may be doing!

On a lighter note, every time you post a picture of a delicious cake I feel compelled to go and bake something similar, even though vanity normally makes me severely restrict my intake of such things. I think it is very nice of me not to blame you for this!

With every good wish to you and AGA for a truly blessed and happy Christmas and New Year

elderflower xxx

Kirk said...

Thanks Auntie A! I'm glad you agree. I just don't like all the judgement being passed especially when we are supposed to be a kingdom of love. I did think about doing a post on it and I may well do in the New Year. I wll be back by the way but last night when I sat down and started my study I felt I could really get into it this month and put quite a lot of good work in so that I remain on track.
Danke Deborah! "deftly catches misteltoe berry between two fingers!*
Elderflower, don't worry I shall be back. Once I get this module and Christmas and work sorted. By the way always feel free to say what you like. I will never think that anything is trite, if it comes form the heart or as a response to something I put down. Besides that you are my cyber friend and anything you say is fine by me!

Terry Nelson said...

Well I will miss you, I enjoy your blog... people like you make me want to be a better blogger - I'm trying. God bless and have a wonderful Christmas.

Kirk said...

Gosh Terry, what a nice thing to say!
I don't think I am that good at all but I thank you for your blog friendship!