Monday, 12 May 2008

A Dutch Treat!



AGA and I have been away for a few days in Leiden, a university town in the Netherlands.  We spent a large part of Pentecost wandering around the beautiful Keukenhof Gardens, a short bus ride from Leiden itself.  I took a lot of photos.  Perhaps even an excessive amount if you consider 200 photos too much to take on one day.  
Thanks however to digital cameras, one can take loads of photos and then do a photo 'check', deleting those you don't want and keeping those you do!  I am yet to do this . . .
In one section of the gardens there is an exhibition hall.  Last time we where there it was tulips and daffodils.  This time it was lilies.  And my goodness there were lilies everywhere!  Looking at their beautiful petals and the various colours, I am reminded of the words of Our Dear Lord as recorded in Chapter 6 of St Matthew's Gospel when speaking of God's Most Holy Providence:
". . . consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labour not neither do they spin.  But I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these."

Here is a photo of some lilies for your delight.

No comments: