I find that the booklet in the above photograph, issued by 'Aid to the Church in Need' is, for me, a great aid to praying my rosary. I am not very good at reciting my rosary and it is only in recent weeks that I have been making a concerted effort after having listened to one of the 'Mother Angelica Classic' podcasts as put out by the EWTN Network.
Laziness and distractions are my main enemies - especially on the weekends and days off. During the week I usually have no problems as I recite the Rosary on the way to (or from) work. This is a pleasure for me as my walk to work takes me through the semi-rural area in which I live.
On the weekends however, the thought of laying longer in bed, daydreaming, breakfast, doing other things, reading etc, all crowd in and before I know it I have run out of available time! Today however things were a lot better. AGA has taken to exercise and is going for one hour walks before breakfast. I decided that while AGA is doing his earthly exercise I could do my celestial one.
So far so good and with God's help it will continue.

No comments:
Post a Comment