Saturday, 3 May 2008

Now is the month of Maying



Today we went to the local plant nursery to get some more plants for the balcony.  It was such a lovely day.  I took some photos and I thought I would share a couple of them on my blog!

5 comments:

Phil said...

Great blog, Kirk. I've added you to my list.

Does your parish celebrate the May Devotion? At this time of the year, what with all the spring flowers, it seems a shame not to.

In my garden, we have some lovely irises with purple and yellow flowers that my friend planted last year. Alas, I'm not green-fingered!

Kirk said...

Yes Philip, we do celebrate the May Devotion although at present we live and work in Germany, and my German is not all that good so I hover a bit on the periphery when it comes to parish things. I could go to the English speaking Church in Dusseldorf itself but I much prefer the timelessness of our local church under the patronage of local boy (albeit originally from England) St Suidbertus . .
Mind you, living in Germany means that we had Ascension Day as a public holiday – no removing it to Sunday for us. We also have Corpus Christi and all the major Feasts as Public Holidays too . . .

Like you i am not green fingered. I like flowers and plants but am not all that good at maintaining them AGA tends to all that and I just enjoy them and takes photos.

Adrienne said...

Welcome Kirk...........
Love the pictures.

Any friend of Carpe Canem is a friend of mine:)

P.S. You spelled Carpe Canem wrong on your link list --- I am just the most annoying nit-picker. Actually, I spelled it wrong at first too 'cause Phillip has a weird (can you say dog?) spelling.

Kirk said...

Thanks Adrienne for your welcome and thanks for the pick up on the spelling. My Latin teacher would have a few words for me if she could have seen that error! I am going to go and take a look at your blog now!

Phil said...

Don't feel bad about the spelling - I messed up first and so answer to either spelling!

Yes, our bishops were very kind to tinker with the mid-week Holy Days of Obligation. It now means that the Penetecost novena doesn't start on such a 'high note' too!