In his 'Conversations' Br Lawrence of the Resurrection says 'that he was always ruled by love, without any other consideration'.
He said 'that he found his resolution to make the love of God the end of all his actions the only satisfactory one.'
He further says that 'our business is simply to love and be happy in God.'
Why are we so afflicted that none of our leaders want to follow this simple rule. Why will no one in a position of authority and power, stand up and publicly declare that under their government, their authority, they will make love of God the end of all their actions. We need rulers who are grounded in the Beatitudes, in the Cardinal and Theological Virtues . . .
But then, upon reflection, I must concede that these words are all very well and fitting in the right context but what about me. I am the ruler of my decision making. Am I ready to make my love for God the end of all my actions? Will I do everything for the Love of God?
I most certainly don't do it at the moment.
I think that the log in my own eye will have to try and be removed as one of my first actions . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment